3.20.2008

fun in the sun

This last weekend we headed down to St. George. All of Nate's buddies decided to go down there for the weekend and we decided to follow. Friday night we got down there and hung out with Nate's grandparents. Saturday morning we all met up at the Bear Paw restaurant for breakfast. My friend Megan introduced me to it and now I have to go each time I am in St. George. After breakfast we headed up to the Dixie rock to hike and climb around. Obviously I am not really up for much hiking but I managed to keep up! After hiking around we went to a park and all the boys played a little lacrosse while the girls sat in the warm sun and relaxed. Later on we even got some swimming in at the hotel pool. I love swimming! It felt like all this extra weight was taken off my poor bones! The rest of the time we just hung out and played video games. It was really a very relaxing weekend and fun to be with all of Nate's friends. I decided that I really like St. George. It was just starting to get green and it was so pretty against the red rocks. It was so nice to get to spend the weekend with Nate too. We don't see much of each other so it was fun to have five hours in the car to talk. I think I did most of the talking but he listened really well!There was this crack that you could climb through up at the Dixie Rock. I think this is Eric trying to squeeze through. I obviously can't really squeeze anywhere so I just took pictures. I think Nate and Jon were Jon were the only ones who fit through all the way.

A group picture of all of us hiking up on the Dixie Rock. I tried to hide myself behind people!

I guess it was wear plaid shorts day!

On another note I have about three months left until the little guy gets here and I am so excited! I was feeling pretty good for a few weeks but for some reason this week I feel like I have hit a wall. I have no energy and I am not functioning so well! I can barely make it through work each day. I'm hoping this won't last the rest of the time. I'll post some pictures later of my now huge belly. It is getting pretty big and I can't believe how much the kiddo is moving around too! I can't wait until he is here!

4 comments:

Megan said...

When I saw the picture of the narrows I was hoping there would be a story to come of you getting stuck - it's probably best that you didn't try. I almost got stuck there...but then again that was during the freshman 15 weight gain - good times! I miss St. George so dang much this time of year - I am way jealous you guys went...and to Bear Paw too! I am glad you like it - it is heaven for sure. I just bought myself a pair of plaid shorts Tuesday...I will have to give Nate a call so we coordinate our short days ;) I hope you start feeling better and I am excited to see pics of your belly!

Chelsie said...

Is that a girl I see with Jon?! Man, I'm out of this plaid shorts thing...I bought some for Coop...but I think I might need Megan's chicken legs to pull them off for me. I have never been to the narrows...I go to st george strictly for Bear Paw! ;-) I'm glad you have found and love it now too! I hope you get feeling better also...we need to get together!

Barb said...

Mmmm good breakfast. My mouth is watering. Fun that you were able to get down to St. George this month! Dixie Rock, what a fun lil' place. Looks like a fun time(:

Eric said...

I really like that I am a mainstay in all three photos. Excellent work.