11.15.2009

Beware of lots of photos coming your way!
Last week we got to go down to Texas to visit Nate's sister and her family.
Nate's mom and cousin Trae came with us and it was so much fun!
Lucas really loved Trae, it was the cutest thing ever to see the two together. Who would have thought that a 16 year old boy could be such a softie. Whenever we were walking around Trae would take the stroller and push Lucas around, or hold his hand when we were walking anywhere. Lucas returned the love by jumping on him every morning and waking him up much earlier than he would have wanted.
Photobucket
Photobucket
They live just outside of Austin in a little town called Lockhart which happens to be the barbeque capital of Texas. Not a good thing on the waistline!
We visited a little place called Rudy's which I'm pretty sure had the best brisket ever!
The sign is definitely not telling the truth, it melted in your mouth.
Photobucket
Nate was especially excited about it.
Photobucket
We didn't just stay in Austin though we went all over the place!
The first day we went to San Antonio and saw the Alamo.
Photobucket
Pretty cool place, not exactly what I pictured, it is in the middle of the city. I pictured it out in the desert somewhere.
That evening we drove down to Galveston which is an awesome place. We stayed in a really cool condo overlooking the ocean. The boys loved being able to play together all day long.
Photobucket
We went to a huge indoor water park called Schlitterbahn which Lucas loved. I forgot my camera so there are no pictures but it was a blast. In the kiddie place there was a big ship with slides coming out of it and Lucas went crazy. I think he went down the slides like 20 times. We even taught him how to blow bubbles in the water.
The next day we went to Houston to the Zoo. It was so fun to watch Lucas explore. He got pretty brave and was practically running around the childrens part of the zoo wanting to see every single animal.
He thought the goats were awesome and ran from one to another and almost got trampled by one of them.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I was loving taking pictures of some of the animals.
The giraffes were one of my favorites!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The next day we spent shopping at some great outlet malls and relaxing at Steph and Nate's.
We also took the two kiddos out to the little downtown for a photo shoot. There were tons of cool old buildings that I loved! It was such an interesting little town with very interesting people.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
These two boys are so different. They are like complete opposites! It is so funny to watch them play together.
Photobucket
I'm pretty sure Lucas was pooping in this picture. He always gets that cute smile on his face when he is caught in the act!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We had such a good time while we were there. Lucas was a champ being dragged around all day every day missing several naps. He crashed the day we got back and was the calmest I have ever seen him! He would practically beg us to take naps.

8 comments:

Merrells said...

Love it. All of it. Love it.

Barb said...

I love these pics Brynn! That bbq place sounds divine. The zoo looks like fun, those are some cute shots you caught of that giraffe.

Megan said...

What a fun trip. I love your pictures - as usual - but your pictures of the giraffe are amazing! And Annabelle made the exact same face when she would poop too - hilarious.

allegra said...

what a fun trip! and your photos of the boys against those brick and colorful walls are awesome! i love Lucas against that blue one, his eyes are so pretty. it makes them pop even more. you should frame that one!

The Dutsons said...

As usual, the pics are amazing! Trae is such a good looking kid I love those pictures of him and Lucas! Can't wait to see you again soon, love you all.

Chelsie said...

what a fun trip! we have some cousins who live in galvaston as well. i love all the pics and love that he smiles when he is caught in the act of pooping...haha too funny

Wendy said...

The fish and fish tank picture is really cool!

Tara and Ricky said...

Such cute pics friend!! I'm really getting excited for the photos you're gonna capture of my little guy! Keep in touch because I probably want you to do them right away while he is still a munchkin... I'm only a week away... I will keep you posted!!!