I'm warning you now, there are going to be a ton of pictures!
Last week we took a little family vacation to San Diego.
I'm lucky enough to have family there so it makes it so easy to go with free places to stay and the added bonus of seeing all my family.
We dragged Nate's mom with us and she was a trooper. She sat in back with Lucas the whole drive watching Looney Toones and Cars over and over again and keeping Lucas entertained and happy.
He actually did a pretty good job, I was really surprised. The DVD player totally helped.
The first day there we just chilled at my Aunts house by the pool. A bunch of other family came for a little family reunion. It was so nice to see everyone since we really don't get to see each other that often.
Lucas loved the pool. He got really brave and would swim all over the pool in just his life jacket. I was totally impressed.

I love these two boys!

He even let Nate throw him off the diving board into the pool over and over and over again. He thought it was the best thing ever.

The next day we headed to the beach. Last year Lucas was a little unsure about the whole ocean thing. Not this year. He would have walked out into the middle of the ocean if we would have let him!
He loved playing in the sand and then running and washing his hands off in the water.






He even let Nate bury him!

I didn't get any pictures but that night we went to my cousins new house for dinner. He just married the cutest girl and she is Indian. She made us an authentic Indian meal. I was a little nervous about it but it was actually really good. She toned down the heat for us A LOT!
The next day we decided to hit up Sea World. The weather was great and we had a great time.
Lucas' favorite part was the sesame street kids part. He got to meet Elmo and Grover (which he is still talking about).
When he was meeting him he grabbed Elmo's eye. The workers made a big deal about poking Elmo's eye and that it made Elmo sad and Lucas was really worried. He said sorry and gave Elmo a big hug. If you ask him about Elmo now he always says "Poke Elmo's eye, owie". I think he learned his lesson about poking eyes.


He also loved riding on the roller coaster and putting his hands in the air.


He would touch the star fish but the sting rays freaked the poor kid out!

We also went to Shamu. I remember it being a lot more exciting, the trainers don't swim with the whales any more, kind of lame.

The sea lion show was also a big hit.

The sea lion was waving hi so people would throw him some fish. They are smart little guys!

We really had a great vacation. We were pretty exhausted when we got home but it was well worth it!
Last week we took a little family vacation to San Diego.
I'm lucky enough to have family there so it makes it so easy to go with free places to stay and the added bonus of seeing all my family.
We dragged Nate's mom with us and she was a trooper. She sat in back with Lucas the whole drive watching Looney Toones and Cars over and over again and keeping Lucas entertained and happy.
He actually did a pretty good job, I was really surprised. The DVD player totally helped.
The first day there we just chilled at my Aunts house by the pool. A bunch of other family came for a little family reunion. It was so nice to see everyone since we really don't get to see each other that often.
Lucas loved the pool. He got really brave and would swim all over the pool in just his life jacket. I was totally impressed.

I love these two boys!

He even let Nate throw him off the diving board into the pool over and over and over again. He thought it was the best thing ever.

The next day we headed to the beach. Last year Lucas was a little unsure about the whole ocean thing. Not this year. He would have walked out into the middle of the ocean if we would have let him!
He loved playing in the sand and then running and washing his hands off in the water.






He even let Nate bury him!

I didn't get any pictures but that night we went to my cousins new house for dinner. He just married the cutest girl and she is Indian. She made us an authentic Indian meal. I was a little nervous about it but it was actually really good. She toned down the heat for us A LOT!
The next day we decided to hit up Sea World. The weather was great and we had a great time.
Lucas' favorite part was the sesame street kids part. He got to meet Elmo and Grover (which he is still talking about).
When he was meeting him he grabbed Elmo's eye. The workers made a big deal about poking Elmo's eye and that it made Elmo sad and Lucas was really worried. He said sorry and gave Elmo a big hug. If you ask him about Elmo now he always says "Poke Elmo's eye, owie". I think he learned his lesson about poking eyes.


He also loved riding on the roller coaster and putting his hands in the air.


He would touch the star fish but the sting rays freaked the poor kid out!

We also went to Shamu. I remember it being a lot more exciting, the trainers don't swim with the whales any more, kind of lame.

The sea lion show was also a big hit.

The sea lion was waving hi so people would throw him some fish. They are smart little guys!

We really had a great vacation. We were pretty exhausted when we got home but it was well worth it!
5 comments:
Lucas is a brave boy for sure. Just thinking about how Anna would react if Ross tried to drop her of the diving board makes me laugh. Your trip looks so fun. And you are going to Cali again this week? Jealous. Can we trade lives?
Wow!That is brave, I wouldn't let anyone throw me off a diving board. How fun to go to San Diego. It brings back some good memories. Lucas is getting really big. I laughed hard at the Elmo eye poking. What is it with poking eyes? Grant LOVES it. He also loves to put his hand in everyones mouth when they are talking. It has made for some awkward moments.
Great vacation!! Elmo poke eyes, owie- so cute :) He's getting so big too. Looks like you guys had tons of fun!
I think Lucas and Norris need to hang out again soon.
fun trip! your cali relatives are awesome. it is so fun to see lucas loving the water and good times with mom and dad, and elmo. one of my roommates and good friends is from india. the food is definitely hot! i have met so many amazing people from india. i just love them. vacations really are exhausting. but it's hard to get people to feel sorry for ya when you're tired :).
Post a Comment