1.03.2008
Baby Stuff
So we find out on Tuesday if the baby is a boy or a girl and I am so excited! I have been doing some research on baby stuff and need some advice. If any of you girl out there have any advice on car seats and strollers that you really like or things that you disliked let me know! I have the shopping itch and can't wait to go out and start getting stuff!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I loved having the travel system that includes the carseat, base for the car, and stroller. I actually found mine (through my wheelin' and dealin' mother-in-law) at Big Lots. They usually have Graco and Evenflo travel systems for about a third the cost of Babies R Us. Check it out!
Melissa
PS I was so sad you couldn't come to the family Christmas party. We'll have to figure another time to get together!
I know Brynny!! I can't wait to find out if you are having a boy or girl either!
You will have to post on Tuesday for sure or I will die in suspense! I too loved the travel system mentioned by the merrells. Just know that some may be more comfortable or cute than others, but they all had to pass the same safety test. So one is NO MORE safe than another - remember that when you see the craziness in prices (I took a car seat safety class, which I also reccomend as a good idea). Oh and make sure to fill out the form that it comes with and send it in. That way if they have recalls THEY notify YOU which is nice cause your mind starts to go with the lack of sleep :)
Brynn, I'm pretty much speechless, and so excited for you guys. I havent kept up on blogs lately and we havent talked enough...congratulations girl. There is a really cool company that sells baby stuff in Logan..JJ Cole. Go to http://www.jjcoleusa.com/ you will like their stuff a lot. Take care!
Hi Brynn- I highly reccomend that you look into a travel system. My work gave me my Graco system from Target. The only thing that I would change about it is I would have gotten the carrier that had the bent handle so you could carry it sideways easier. I also reccomend that you get a pack and play, stock up on wipes- be sure that they are sensitive with no scent. If you are looking for a bath time line the low end J & J purple line is great but I have also used Aveno when Ellie got exemia. Check out the following web site for a ton of information as well as coupons: www.babycenter.com
You will have to let me know when you find out... I know that your dad is hoping for a grandson... finally to be able to buy boys stuff would be exciting for him! That is not to say that little girls aren't a ton of fun... I am just thrilled for you! You can check out current pictures of my little gal at: http://saschub.vox.com
I cant believe you find out on TUES! I am soo excited. You have have to post right after you find out. I like the all in one systems too. I think the only thing I would suggest is you walk around carrying the baby carrier to see if its comfortable for you to haul around. Plus, add 15 lbs onto that and thats usually what you will be hauling around day to day. I think I got the lightest carrier carseat you can find for this reason. I am so weak, the lighter for me the better. Mines a Combi if you were wondering, but the other babyseats others listed Ive heard are good too. I think you have heard I am all about Ebay when it comes to baby stuff. So if you want to venture out of Baby R Us and other retail store stuff you can find some great clothes, equipment and other baby items there for el cheapo. KSL.com also has some great deals too. Sorry for the long post! I'm excited to hear your good news Tues(:
Wow everyone has made great posts and I agree with all of them. I love the travel systems. Especially when they are babies and sleep all the time...and don't wake up when you move them from the car seat to the stroller...mine is a Graco but like Barb said...try them out at the store. I walked around with them with stuff in it to see what was most comfortable...and make sure it's easy for you to fold up the stroller...some of them were harder for me than others. I got some baby toys off of KSL also...it all adds up...so it's nice to save where you can. I'm excited to find out what it is tomorrow!!
hi, i'm a friend of megan's and i just thought i'd give you something to think about. i really like the graco travel systems better than evenflo because with graco the carseats and strollers are compatible with any travel system. for example, when i had my second child we wanted a double stroller but we wanted to be able to use the carrier with it and luckily we can and when the carseat becomes expired we will just have to get another graco carseat so it will fit in the double stroller.
Ok Brynn. Where's the verdict? Its 7pm and ive been waiting for a blog post all day my dear. I just checked my cell phone and for some odd reason your number is not in there. Why is this so? You must email it to me so I can know if this babe is a male or female.
Post a Comment