2.17.2009

So how long has he been crawling? That's right one week and guess what he can already do?

Photobucket

You got it!
Not only can he stand (up against some piece of furniture)
but he pulls himself up to the standing position.
Here is how we discovered this new talent
Nate's mom came on Valentines to babysit.
Lucas was taking a nap when she got there but a few minutes later he woke up.
She went in to get him and asked me to come take a look.
And he was standing in his crib. Now usually this wouldn't be a big deal except for the fact that we haven't lowered his mattress yet so when he was standing the railing came below his waist!
One little reach forward and he could have toppled right out of the crib.
I immediately lowered the mattress.
Now when he wakes up he can stand and yell for me instead of just lay there!
What a funny boy he is!

Oh and if any one has advice on getting the boy to take longer naps I am all ears.
He did really good for a while but since he started crawling he only takes good naps maybe 3 days a week. The rest he sleeps for 45 min and thinks he is done.
And he is not a very happy kid the rest of the day!
I think he just really likes to crawl and move and now that he can he wants to always be awake so he can practice?! I think he is teething too so maybe that's the culprit.
Any suggestions? Past experiences? Thanks.

Photobucket
Couldn't decide which pic I liked better so why not throw them both on!

9 comments:

Barb said...

I cant believe it! Waitta go Lucas! I am hoping Ava wont crawl for a couple more months. Weird, I know, but when you have two your perspective totally changes. You painted your front room! It looks soo good. I love the color from what I can see in the pics. Sorry about the napping. I dont have any advice, so just blame it on the teething. That's what I always do. Ya come down and I'll meet ya somewhere, or we could even crash at Megans. hmmm. I might want to check with Megan first on that one. Let me know when you head down.

Shel said...

Let him wear himself out before putting him down. Ellie went through the same thing. Pretty soon he will go through a growth spurt and be sleeping more again. Enjoy him!

Merrells said...

What a big boy! A friend of ours told us to get "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" when Makenna was having some sleeping issues. It was great! I have heard it recommended since from several pediatricians and other moms. You can read the whole thing or look up specific problems. Good luck!

Megan said...

Way to go Lucas! Anna did the same thing and we had literally lowered her mattress the day before she figured out. Phew! Sorry about the napping thing. I remember reading somewhere that kids usually sleep poorly for a little while after they learn a new thing (such as crawling and pulling themselves up) cause they would rather be practicing this new found talent. There was a name for it and I forget and all my books have yet to be unpacked. LOL. I hope it gets better for you though. Both the parents and the child NEED the sleep ;)

You guys can both totally meet up at my place to hang out! I am up for that!

Brysen Packer said...

Grandma Garrett is not going to be happy about this!

Brandon & Tiff said...

Ah! So cute. I was dying at your house the other day. He seems like he will take off walking before long. Your mom really is in for it now. Brysen's comment made me laugh. If you guys venture down to Megan's count me in!

Tyler and Sara said...

What a cute boy. I need to come see you again. I can't believe how much he looks like you. It's good that the baby you put so much work into gets to look like you. He seems like a mover and a shaker. It's pretty impressive he can figure out what to do with that long body. He's going to be so tall.

Megan said...

Milestone waking...that is what it is called. From the book 'The Baby Owner's Manual: Operating Instructions, Trouble-Shooting Tips, and Advice on First - Year Maintenance'. Ross got it and it is hilarious, but actually quite informative. It's just the way they word it all. I will have to show it to you sometime....maybe when you come and visit me. Hint, hint. ;)

Chelsie said...

it seems that as soon as they start crawling everything else comes so quick to them. he is such a little stud, i love these pics