3.10.2009

Lucas is no longer the little baby that was content to lay on the ground or sit in his swing.
He is all over the place!
He managed to fall down our stairs (don't worry there were no injuries).
He chews on the side of his crib when he is supposed to be napping.
He can pull himself up to look out the front window.
He loves to eat dirt!
and
He found Mya's dog food, and yes he has eaten it (several times).
Man he keeps me busy!

Photobucket

We have a house full of toys for him to play with, but his new favorite toy happens to be Mya's favorite toy. When we first got Mya I bought her these little squeeky plastic fish to play with. For some reason through the years she has become obsessed with them. Well Lucas has decided that he likes the fish too. He will find them lying on the ground and go straight for them, and yes as hard as I try to stop him, he puts them straight in his mouth. Mya very carefully tries to grab it from him. Lately, Lucas knows that when Mya comes up to him she wants her fish, so now he just hands it to her! It is so dang cute to watch them.

Photobucket

Last week we got him a new little booster seat. I can't believe how grown up he looks in this picture! He has been doing awesome eating baby food, but for some reason a few days ago he just decided he doesn't want us to feed him anymore. If we try he just shakes his head no and smiles and laughs at us. If we put the spoon near his lips, he pierces them as tight as he can. But if I put food on his tray he will pick it up and eat it with no problem.
Go figure? I guess he just wants to be Mr. Independence and feed himself.

Photobucket

Bathtime may be my favorite part of the day (and not just because it is bedtime).
The kid has no fear of the water, at all! Last night after he got out of the tub I plopped him down on the ground by me while I put something away. He pulled himself up to the edge of the tub and I decided to just watch him to see what he would do. You better believe he reached so far into the tub that he fell right in! I caught him before his head hit the bottom, but his head for sure went all the way under! Poor kid was just a little freaked out! Maybe that will teach him? Mmmm, probably not!

Photobucket

My favorite pic of the week.
For some reason when he sits in his booster seat to eat he crosses his legs! It is so funny!
I love baby feet!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Megan said...

He looks so big i the booster seat picture - it is crazy! I love hearing all of his quirks too. Kids grow up so fast and it just keeps getting more and more fun. It is a good thing we are hanging out soon because it seems like it has been much too long.

Brandon & Tiff said...

What a cute post. He is such a fun boy. His face in that highchair cracks me up! Along with his crossing his legs. What a silly boy. That's kind of scary about him falling in the tub like that. You have your hands full with that cute tyke! We miss you guys. We will have to come over soon.

allegra said...

he looks just like you!! nah, just let him eat the dog food. i bet there are some great nutrients in there:) !

Merrells said...

He's growing so much and I love the stories with him and Mya! I hope Maverick does as well with a new baby!

Barb said...

Does Lucas have teeth? Gosh Ava is still bald in the mouth and still soo bald on her little head. What a smart little independent guy you have. Crazy about the stairs. We've had to put up our gates already too.

brynn eyre said...

Barb-Yeah he has teeth and let me tell you that breastfeeding isn't quite as fun with those suckers! Be grateful Ava doesn't have those yet!

Meg said...

Brynn I think your baby must have the most beautiful blue eyes ever!

Chelsie said...

oh man, i'm sorry he has teeth, i know how you feel! hope you haven't bled yet! i love these pics...now you know why jack got so hefty if you will