Our garden is on steroids.
We are first time gardeners, we really don't know much.
I'm thinking maybe we did something wrong when we planted our carrots this year.
Our tenant downstairs called me to take a look at what he picked out of the garden and I about peed my pants when I saw it.


Yup, that's what our carrots look like. We put it by a pen and had Lucas hold it just to show you the true immense size of the carrot.
I think next year we will enter some of our produce into the county fair.
Last week I traveled down to Gardener Village with my mom and cousins.
I love going to see the witches and I was excited to see what Lucas would think this year.

He mostly just stared at the witches wondering what they were and if they were real.
There was lots of pointing and asking "what is that?"
Also lots of gasping with excitement (a new thing he does lately when he sees pretty much anything).
He really loved the pumpkins, especially hitting them and throwing the small ones.


Going to Gardener Village is definitely one of my favorite Halloween traditions.
We are first time gardeners, we really don't know much.
I'm thinking maybe we did something wrong when we planted our carrots this year.
Our tenant downstairs called me to take a look at what he picked out of the garden and I about peed my pants when I saw it.


Yup, that's what our carrots look like. We put it by a pen and had Lucas hold it just to show you the true immense size of the carrot.
I think next year we will enter some of our produce into the county fair.
Last week I traveled down to Gardener Village with my mom and cousins.
I love going to see the witches and I was excited to see what Lucas would think this year.

He mostly just stared at the witches wondering what they were and if they were real.
There was lots of pointing and asking "what is that?"
Also lots of gasping with excitement (a new thing he does lately when he sees pretty much anything).
He really loved the pumpkins, especially hitting them and throwing the small ones.


Going to Gardener Village is definitely one of my favorite Halloween traditions.
8 comments:
WOAH. You carrot is huge. So what you gonna make with it? You could tell everyone that you made an entire carrot cake with one carrot!
I havent been to gardener village yet. I need to go, I've heard lots of good stuff about the witch festival. See you tomorrow(:
I can't believe I haven't been to Gardner Village yet this year - I need to get on that. Looks like you guys, ahem, Lucas had a lot of fun ;) And that carrot is INSANE! I wish you would have labeled your post, 'What's up doc?!' I know. I am clever. But that is all I could think of when I was looking at the picture of Lucas holding the carrot. I think you should see if you can grow more steroid vegetables next year :)
That is one scary carrot! Cute pictures, like always.
Those are some huge carrots!! Our green beans kinda turned out the same way, really long :) I love Gardner Village, I haven't been for a few years, looks like fun! ps. I still miss you at work :(
wow, bigger veggies are better than none at all! when we lived in idaho we tried to grow strawberries and some herbs and such and they all died. we're horrible gardeners:) so i'm very impressed to say the least.
cute new header and CUTE little boy!!
Of course we are going to New Moon!! One month! We'll have to discuss the details
Ha ha!! That carrot is hilarious!!! It reminds me of those huge icecicles that used to grow off our house on Darwin... Remember those?? So funny! By the way, considering you are apparently the picture taking guru of the year, be prepared to take some pics of my little guy once we get back to Utah... Just as a heads up:)
Holy carrot! We have a similar problem in our garden, only they aren't big they are tiny deformed and taste different. I think we need to do a little more research before next years garden goes in...
Post a Comment