1.10.2010

On new years day we went up to Nate's uncle's cabin in Ogden Valley for a big family party. Can I just say that it is absolutely beautiful up there. If I had tons of money I would totally have a home up there.
It was fun to chat with everyone and eat lots of junk.
Of course Lucas was up at the crack of dawn the next morning and since the majority of the family stayed up until 4 am, they all slept in for a really long time.
We totally ran out of things to do to entertain the little tyke and to keep him quiet, so we bundled up and played in the snow!
He loved being pulled around on the sled
Photobucket
Photobucket
We decided to pull out the snow mobile and hooked on the sled and drove all around their property.
The whole time Lucas had a very serious face on and I was afraid we had scared him to death, but when we stopped he had only one word to say, "WOW!".
I think he kind of liked it.
Photobucket
This is how we try to get Mya to lose weight, have her chase the snow mobile. She couldn't just sit and wait for us, she chased us the entire time. Nate finally let her ride on it too!

We had to get Nate's mom's morning work out in somehow so we hooked the sled up to her too!
(Sorry Sherlyn, I couldn't resist putting these pictures! It was so funny!)
Photobucket
Mya loves the snow. It was so deep too! She would jump in it and push herself through it to make paths to where ever she wanted to go. She was one tired puppy at the end of the day!
Photobucket
I love Luke in his snow clothes. He looks like a big marshmallow. He can barely walk!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Last week was my 27 birthday, wow I can't believe how old I'm getting. I was completely spoiled and got this.
So here is the story on how I got so spoiled. It all started with a very bad situation. Nate's mom got robbed a few months ago which was horrible! She got wiped out and it was really just so scary. They ended up catching the kid and getting some stuff back but not everything. One thing that was stolen was an older SLR camera and lens. She hadn't used it in years but they told her they would replace it. Being the most amazing giving person I have ever met she offered to let me get whatever camera I wanted and I could give her my old one. I didn't think they would give her enough to cover the camera I wanted but they did. We were only short just a little and that was her birthday present to me! I am so excited and I absolutely love it! I really am so spoiled by my mother in law.
Nate also spoiled me on my birthday. I got to go get a massage and he took me cross country skiing. We have never been and it was such a blast! Sadly I forgot a memory card so we didn't even get any pictures. Oh well probably better that we didn't have the camera since we both fell a few times. I think they camera may have gotten broken if we would have had it with us!

6 comments:

Barb said...

ah looks like so much fun! i loved the story of how you got your camera. I'm glad something good came out of such a bad thing. I cant believe that happened to your mom in law- of all people seriously! loved seeing that pic of you on the snowmobile. I wish I could have been on the back with you, we would of had loads of fun.

Chelsie said...

ah i heart the valley. we were just up there saturday and i everytime it's so pretty. love it and love that you hooked nates mom up to the sled ha

Merrells said...

I wish we would have been up there together! Maverick and Mya would have had so much fun. He did the exact same thing, chasing the snowmobiles around. And so much fun about the new camera.

PS Was it the kid they thought it was?

Megan said...

I second Barb's comment - I am glad something good could come out of such a horrible situation. Luck you - that camera rocks! Not that I would know anything about cameras though. lol. That picture of Nate's mom pulling the sled is hilarious. And I am also very impressed! She is tough woman!

Early mornings with kids. Man it can stink sometimes. lol.

allegra said...

congrats on the new camera! that's so awesome!! nate's mom sounds amazing and so fun... scary about her being robbed. people in this world are so lame and scary sometimes.

melissa said...

that is one sweet sled! your lucas story is so funny, you're thinking he's all scared and turns out he's just taking it all in. kids are full of wonder, it's the best! that camera looks sweet. i'm so glad you got it. i wouldn't ever deserve something like that - i barely know the ins n outs of my point and shoot. i'm determined to get that manual out someday though. i hope your mother-in-law is okay. that would be so scary. i'm glad you and nate are taking good care of her.