6.13.2010

We finally got in our first camping trip of the summer!
We headed up Logan Canyon last week and it was a lot of fun.
Lucas is in love with camping. He loves the water, he loves to hike, he loves rocks, he was in heaven.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
He really wanted to get in the water like the other kids. The look on his face shows you just how cold the water was.
Photobucket
He loved helping dad start the fire and set the tent up.
Photobucket
Look how dang cute my boys are!
Photobucket
Grandma and Grandpa Garrett came up for a little picnic. Lucas was loving cooking the marshmallow over the fire. I love the intent look on his face.
Photobucket
Lucas got to try out smores for the first time. I think he liked them (minus the sticky fingers).
Photobucket
Photobucket
We had him sleep with us in a sleeping bag instead of in a pack n play and he did great! It took a while for him to fall asleep with all the excitement of sleeping with mom and dad AND Mya, but he finally settled down and slept great!
The next morning we woke up to a huge rainstorm. We were babies and packed up quick and headed down to my parents house instead of braving the rain. Crappy end to the trip but we sure had fun and can't wait to do it again soon!

8 comments:

Stacey said...

I love that picture of Nate and Lucas! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Brandon & Tiff said...

That a boy Lukey!! I can't wait to join you this summer. Great pictures too. I love the sticky hand picture!

Megan said...

I have been craving smore's for a while now. Mmmmmm. What a fun trip. We need to go camping, but I am scared now with 2 kids. I don't even know if we can all fit on our tent. lol.

I am trying to think of something funny to say about the top of Nate's crack. But it all sounds like I am coming on to him. So I will just refrain...

brynn eyre said...

Ha ha Megan! I'm so glad you commented on that. He was so mad I posted that but I thought it was too funny that both their little bums were hanging out! I told him no one would notice! Like father like son!

Tara and Ricky said...

Ooohhh, remember when we came up and hung out with you guys while you went camping last summer??? We were the wimps that time and didn't even spend the night... lame! Looks like fun though!!

Thanks again for taking our pictures! You are seriously the bestest! By the way, my sis-in-law saw the pics you sent me and loved them too... She may be contacting you next time she wants her pics taken. Don't worry, I'm just going to find you jobs:)

allegra said...

duh, we got rained out on our last camping trip, too. but then again, we're bound to--with living in seattle and all:) it rained the WHOLE time and we haven't been camping since. ha ha. but this trip looked fun! i love smores. have you ever tried doing smores with reeces instead of hersheys bars? it's divine.

Chelsie said...

we need to plan a little camping trip as well...i'm slightly nervous with camden...but i'm sure he'd be a champ. those s'more look so good right now...i've had them on my mind for a while now..i love the pic of lucas and nate...love it

Kourtney and Nathan said...

gotta love Megan :) Fun camping trip though! I can't wait to see you in a couple weeks, I only wish Lucas could sit through the movie too!