1.06.2011

I'm still in denial that the holidays are over.
I really love them so much.
Christmas was kind of a bummer this year, Nate had to work Christmas Eve from 5 pm to 7 am and then again Christams day at 7 pm, which meant most of the day he had to sleep!
We decided to have Christmas here at our house by ourselves for the first time, and I loved it!
Nate's mom came up and celebrated with us too. So we saw Nate for about 3 hours Christmas morning before he headed to sleep, but it was an awesome 3 hours!
I was horrible at getting pictures, we did get some sweet video though.
Lucas wasn't too happy that we woke him up, and I love his bedhead.
Photobucket
He was so fun this year, he really go into the whole Santa thing. We left out treats for Santa and the reindeer and he loved that they were gone in the morning. He got so excited about each present too! It was so fun.
He got spoiled and got lots of games, clothes, a new bike, train set, and his favorite thing ever Woody! He was surprised later at my parents house with Buzz too. A boy couldn't ask for more.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We also tried to teach him what Christmas was really about. We have a nativity that we set out and he always told us who each of the figures were. My favorite was when he pointed at the wisemen. He would always say "Those are the wisemen and they built their house on a rock." I guess those primary songs are sticking!
We told him that Jesus was born on Christmas. He replied with "Yeah, Jesus was boring on Christmas, but he's okay." Oh the things that kid says!

Nate and Lucas both got some snowshoes from Grandma Eyre for Christmas so a few days after Christmas we decided to go test them out.
Photobucket
Lucas was a champ. We hiked up a huge hill and he did it! I thought he would be tripping all over the place, but he did awesome!
Photobucket
He looked so cute with his little snowshoes on!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Nate hate's getting his picture taken, can you tell!
Photobucket
So I have a slight obsession with skiing. It is so stinkin expensive, but I can't go a season without going a couple times. I love being up on the mountain, the sound of my skis gliding over the snow. I love the fresh air. Seriously nothing better.
I kind of persuaded/forced Nate into thinking it would be a good idea to test Lucas out this year.
I knew he probably wouldn't actually get it this year, but at least he would get a feel for it and see how fun it is. Plus with his fearlessness I figure he would love speeding down the mountain!
We headed up to good ole Beaver Mtn. to give it a whirl.
I was bummed I couldn't be skiing with them, but I was their own personal paparazzi!
It was a huge success! He did way better than I ever expected.
He balanced himself really easily on the skis, wasn't really afraid to go, and even learned a little snowplowing. I thought Nate was going to have to hold him all day, but he totally just went by himself with Nate skiing backwards in front of him to catch him when he got too fast!
The first run Nate took him straight down Lil Beav.
Getting on the lift.
Photobucket
He skied with Lucas in between his legs! I think he liked going fast.
Photobucket
Photobucket
It pretty stinkin cold, so we took a quick break in the lodge with a nice cup of hot chocolate and he was ready to go.
We went down to the smaller hills and that's where he shined.
Photobucket
He kept wanting to go over and over and he had the biggest smile on his face!
Photobucket
He kept yelling to go faster, the little daredevil.

Learning the "pizza". He rocked it!
Photobucket
He wasn't quite strong enough to completely stop himself, but he could slow himself down.
I love the expression on Nate's face, so excited for his boy!
Photobucket
Riding the Magic Carpet!
Photobucket
It was a great holiday season. Now to brave out the rest of winter!

5 comments:

Chelsie said...

i love love all the pictures...lucas' expression in all of them are priceless..i'll have to show this to brandon...my dear husband who has never been skiing in his life...i have yet to go since we've been married...tear

Kourtney and Nathan said...

I love all the pictures! You are a great paparazzi :) I love Lucas skiing, my dad used to ski with my little sisters inbetween his legs too!! Then as they got a little older he tied a rope around their waists and he was slightly behind them, haha! Sadly I didn't learn till I was a little older so no rope for me! AND I'm SOOO excited you are having a girl!! I can't wait to buy her something pink!!

Megan said...

I don't know what I love more - Lucas' dirty look on Christmas morning or the huge grin on his face when skiing. Such a stud. This age is so much fun! Lacie totally went skiing when she was prego with Sophie (so about the same due date as you). I gave her such a hard time...though it WAS pretty entertaining to watch ;)

Barb said...

Fun pics! I can't remember Christmas without kids, it must have been pretty boring because now I look forward to it every year! I'm glad you love skiing. I think it's fun too. My family went over the Christmas break at the Beav as well and I was so jealous I couldn't go. I think it's great you started Lucas so early skiing!

Tara and Ricky said...

I know I totally just saw you, but I had to check out these pics of Lucas skiing. That is seriously so cute! I love those pics of Nate with Lucas too. What sweet boys you have! Can't wait to hit up the warm weather with you next week. Bring it on!!!